The following details about Lake Shore Lodge & Camp Site are provided by the owner-manager Chris Horsfall
LOCATION – Near Kipili Village, On The Shores Of Lake Tanganyika, South Tanzania, GPS (South 07.43427, East 030.59054)
CONTACT DETAILS – email: email@example.com, website: www.safaritourtanzania, phones: +255 76 3993 166, +255 756 930 290, +255 752 540 792
An owner-managed business in remote Africa, on the banks of Lake Tanganyika, offering world class service and accommodations with a huge array of activities on offer. Built on 55 acre farm, with 400 metres of private beach, with organic vegetable garden and orchard.
- Daily bus service from Mpanda, Sumbawanga and Mbeya, right up to closest large village called Katongolo, where vehicle pick up can be arranged by management.
- MV Liemba – The National ferry, which operates every other week, leaving Kigoma on Wednesday afternoons, arrival in Kipili Thursday evenings, boat transfers to the lodge by prior arrangement with management
- Road – from Mbeya or Kigoma, currently all roads are being surfaced, so access is getting easier by the week, to be completed by end of 2013
- Flights – by Charter into Kipili village, contact management for Company details.
- Vehicle Transfer – from Katavi National Park
- Speed boat transfer – from Mahale Mountains National Park
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS :
Camping – ($12 per day) Choose one of 5 pristine camp sites, each placed under 80-year old Mango trees, with spotless ablutions, hot and cold running water, fire places for cooking and individual benches for eating
Lawn Bandas – ($85 per person per day, full board). Well appointed spacious rooms, with twin queen-sized beds, under a huge mosquito net. Comfortably spaced on a lovely lawn overlooking the lake, with very close by ablutions.
Luxury Beach Chalet – ( $ 295 per person per day) “African Zen”, luxurious rooms, with own private beaches, hammocks and Zen Gardens, perched right at the water’s edge. Enjoy 400 meters of sandy beach with crystal clear water on the door step.
Meals in Organic Restaurant: Breakfast $7, Lunch $10, Dinner $15. Meals are done on an 8-day rotational menu, using home-grown fresh vegetables and herbs grown on the property. Meals are international cuisine and normally 3-courses, all made to order so prior bookings required.
KATAVI NATIONAL PARK
Day trips are possible in fully-equipped Safari vehicles
MAHALE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK
3-day trips can be arranged via speedboat, including fly camping along the way, an absolute MUST for adventure seekers!!
Scuba Diving $70 per person per dive, all equipment and boat hire included, (packages available), only PADI Qualified divers
Kayaking – ½ day $25, full day, $60 with picnic lunch
Snorkeling – ½ day $30, full day $70 with picnic lunch
Quad Biking – ½ day$90, full day $185 with picnic lunch
Mountain Biking – ½ day $15, full day $40, with picnic lunch
Daily Birding boat trips and booze cruise – $20 per person
Fishing, waterskiing & Boat Hire –
- Beach Hopper – 34 foot Sea Spirit speedboat with twin 150 hp outboards ($80 per hour, excluding fuel)
- Adelina – 26 foot Yamaha hull, with twin 75 hp outboards, ($40 per hour, excluding fuel)
- Crazy Christina – 19 foot Yamaha hull with single 60 hp outboard, ($20 per hour, excluding fuel)
- Kipili to Katongolo – for daily bus access from Sumbawanga $20
- Kipili to Sumbawanga – $285
- Kipili to Katavi National Park- $310
- Kipili to Mbeya – $635